Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just What the Doctor Ordered

Most of you know that last Friday Jason lost his job. The new manager decided that he didn't want any of the original sales team working for him, so he fired one other, and another quit on his own. The same day that this happened, Jason had an interview with another company, which we will find out if he gets the job for sure hopefully by the end of the week. It is a promising lead.

To say the least, my stress level has been a bit higher than normal. Fortunately, I had planned a short day and a half trip to Soda Springs and Bear Lake. This gave me the opportunity to get my mind off of these stressful things. I literally did not think about any of these problems, along with other dramas the whole time I was gone! It was very therapeutic!

Kristi, my sister-in-law needed a place to stay for her son's two day baseball tournament which was in Montpelier. I decided that she could stay with me at mom and dad's house in Soda (don't worry, I left it better than it was). I decided that Kristi and her few kids that were with us needed the classic tour of Soda Springs, Idaho.

We started out with a visit to the world's only captive geyser. It is pretty amazing. The road leading to the next place took us over a classic little jump for the cars (don't worry, no car was injured in this event). We went to Hooper Spring Park where everyone sipped the Hooper water, while I drank a glassful. No one seemed to like it much. Too bad! Then we proceeded to the toys where I shared with Kristi a legendary ghost story of the park. wwoooooOOOoooo! It really did freak her out, and it was getting dark to boot! I had to leave her alone while I took Tressa and Hailee to the restroom. Sorry Kristi, for causing anxiety! ha ha ha

While we were on our way to Hooper Park, the timing was just right to see the slag being dumped. For those of you who do not know what that means, think of hot molten magma being loaded into a huge bowl on the back of a truck. The truck backs up slowly, and dumps the hot magma (called slag) down the hill. It lights up the sky orange, and the heat can be felt from the road by the hill. It is something you can only experience in Soda Springs! One of these days, I will post a picture of that.

This concluded our tour of Soda Springs, as the night was getting old, and we needed to go to bed. The next day was filled with Tressa, Hailee and myself heading to Bear Lake to go swimming. It was a beautiful day! We swam, and I got burned pretty bad. That was my fault for not putting sunblock on. Yeah yeah yeah!

Here are the pictures from the weekend.


2 comments:

Jason said...

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to have fun without me being there! LOL! I see now that is NOT the case! I hope you ladies had fun! cuz it sure looks like it! Love you gals!

Terry and Kathy said...

Sounds really fun, except for the sunburn part!