Jason went on splits with the Spanish speaking Elders here in Pocatello. They had planned to go and visit a young woman, we'll call her Fiona ;). Fiona has a 6 year old, and a 5 year old daughter. They live across from a school. They got talking, you know small talk at first. One of the topics of conversation was about her neighbor. She lives on the west side of an alley, and the neighbor in question lives on the east side. This neighbor, we'll call him old man, because he is an older man. He was repeatedly caught peeking into their windows, and watching her daughters playing in her yard. Well, I guess after some time of this, he started trying to lure the girls out of the house and yard. He was wanting to "show" them his kittens, (Well, if that is what they are calling those these days). We tried looking him up on the sex offender registry, but he is clearly not registered, that just means that he either has never gotten caught, or he is a newby. So, Fiona finally gave him a telling to, but the question is, "Will he stop?" She even called the police, and apparently, they never even showed up! That is quite worrisome to me.
I guess the lucky thing for us is, he is almost a mile away, and we never go to that part of town. But I guess my question is, how far away do we need to be to feel secure?
Curious if there are any registerd offenders living near you? It is definitely good to know. If you haven't checked yet, I recommend you do it now. You can go to your city police department website, and search for it in there, maybe even your state police website. For Idaho, the site is: http://www.isp.state.id.us/sor_id/ Check it out! Keep your family safe, by being aware of your surroundings.
3 years ago

4 comments:
I have a very strong opinion about this and it is...keep calling the police. Have the home teachers call the police. Don't take any chances and have that lady freakin' close up her windows. It's not paranoia but it's more like protecting your finest and best assets. SHE SHOULD CALL THE POLICE EVERY TIME THAT WEIRDO IS DOING SOMETHING OUT OF LINE.
Oh, did I mention call the police? They might be busy sometimes but if they know what is going on in the neighborhoods they will start to pay attention. Trust me.
My two bits? Bug the police. yada yada
Hey, Call the police! (case that hasn't been mentioned)
Call the Police, or jason you could go on a stakeout and catch him
us here in the big city, (as Kendra would also know) have registered sex offenders all over the place. i just got a notice in the mail last week for a new one. he lives a few blocks away. Do I feel safe here? Sure. I strongly believe that you should act as if you have a pervert in your neighborhood, whether you have been notified or not. they are every where, some have just not been identified.
Yes, I am suspicious of everyone. But I don't worry too much about it, because I always know where my kids are, and we have the "don't get molested, and what to do if someone does something to you talk" 2 times a year.
And I agree with Kendra, the police need to know about that kind of behavior.
Post a Comment