Thursday, June 12, 2008

SHUT THE GATE!

This morning as I am getting out of bed, I hear, "Bear come, BEAR!" I then walk out to the living room and ask Jason what happened. Jason then proceeded to run up the street because our front gate was left open when someone came over this morning.
Jason, was on his way out the door to go to a job interview. (don't worry, it is not one we are terribly excited about, it will just be something to fill the void through the summer, or until he can find a better job) So the gate was left opened by someone (I am choosing not to name names) other than ourselves. WE NEVER LEAVE IT OPEN. It is like leaving the house with out pants on. We feel (or at least I feel) so exposed with the gate open.
So I put on my shoes and socks and a bra! :) And ran up the street. Once I almost got to the corner, I called his name. As I turned the corner, there he was, walking on this side of the street towards me. He must have responded to me calling his name. But, here is my punch line. As soon as he SAW me, he took off in the other direction! He was enjoying the freedom a bit too much! Titus will come to me and then follow me home. Looks like we need to work with Bear on that one!! :) So I ran after him, and caught up to him. He isn't that fast of a runner. Luckily I had grabbed a big piece of beef jerky, so as soon as I got near enough to catch him, I slipped him the jerky and he stayed. I had to put on his collar (Jason likes to take it off, I suppose it is like taking of your bra, or for the guys, your clothes?) ANYWAY! Don't worry, we got him back no problems (MOM AND DAD!) So the moral of the story is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU COME TO OUR HOUSE, and LEAVE AGAIN, PLEASE SHUT THE GATE ON YOUR WAY OUT! We always trust that it is shut (like I said, we never leave it open), and let the dogs out the front door to take them to the back (we still don't quite trust Bear to not mark his territory on our couch. Especially when he probably has a full bladder from the night's sleep).

2 comments:

Evelyn Curtis said...

OK, OK, Jason didn't run up the street, it was BEAR! MY BAD!! :)

Kendra said...

I have many a memory of chasing a certain dumb dog around the neighborhood. Yep, you guessed it Duke. I think he must have been needing some attention. If I remember right he also destroyed his dog house...yet another memory of him running off only with part of his dog house trailing behind him.