Saturday, September 27, 2008

Corrupt Government? What is next?






I have been doing a lot of thinking about the up-coming presidential election. I don't know about anyone else, but when I try to picture the future here in the US the only thing I can see is dark abyss. Now, maybe I am being a little over dramatic, but all of the things that the candidates are claiming they will do to "change" our country seem a like a game. The game is to see who can make the best proposal that will make America even more dependant on the government. Filling their own pockets while we continue to struggle. The point of my rambling about the government and their "proposals?"

In this time of uncertainty and political unrest, there is a place that we can and NEED to turn. That is to our Heavenly Father. I don't know about anyone else but I don't pray for our country enough. I don't pray for our government to run righteously. Last night it dawned on me. Shame on me for waiting until it has started to get bad before I turned to the Lord. It is never anything I considered needed to be acknowledged in prayer. I laugh at my ignorance now. I suppose I felt that our government would always hold up. But that has never been the case throughout time when the wicked start to prevail in all aspects of our lives. So, let us pray for our government. Let us pray that the righteous will prevail. Maybe we need to let the course run so that those people who have fogotten our Father in Heaven can remember him once again! I just want to be on the Lord's side!

I want to refer to the musical stage play, Saturday's Warrior, we knew everyone in the pre-existance before we came here to Earth to be tested by our Heavenly Father. Everyone of us here today accepted The Plan of Salvation. I know that we loved every single person who has lived, or who has yet to live. Why can't we show that love for them now in prayer? I get so caught up in trying to help my family through prayer, what about my spiritual brothers and sisters?

I just want you all to know that I know that our Heavenly Father will do as he sees fit. If this country needs to be punished for iniquity and evil doings, then so be it. I am beginning to see where the urgings of the leaders to be prepared with food storage are coming from. A punishment is coming, and if you can't see it, I don't know what you are seeing. It is evident in our government, and in our economy. We have been a blessed people for hundreds of years! Every few hundred years or so in the Book of Mormon, the people needed to be reminded Who is in charge. So, I exhort everyone to make sure you are prepared. I don't mean physically, but spiritually. Which is more important? I am not trying to profess, and I am especially not claiming to be perfect. I do not wish to give that impression, I just know what I want, and I am striving to achieve it. I am putting ALL of my eggs in the basket of eternal life.

I love you all.

Evie

3 comments:

Terry and Kathy said...

Very well said, Evelyn.
I am with you all the way!
Love, Mom

Kendra said...

I think there are many people thinking the same thing you are. Well, I gotta go out and plant my garden now....and while I'm doing that I am going to listen to the B of M on my MP3 player....

Have happy day! :-)

Kendra said...

Did good Evelyn!
Love,
Ethan :-)